Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Tex-Mex Country sausage breakfast

Tex-Mex country sausage breakfast
Chorizo may be the preferred sausage in Hispanic households, but the "country sausage taco," (that's what we call it), has been a popular alternative for generations.

Any Polish pork or beef (or pork and beef) sausage link will do.

In its plainest form, you get chopped and grilled kielbasa sausage scrambled with egg. Onion and other fixings are optional.

This plate is a pork sausage chopped and grilled with scrambled egg and grilled, chopped onion and poblano pepper (the traditional peppers for a meal like this are jalapeno or serrano, but if you've been following my blog you know I prefer poblano).

The tomato is chopped fresh and put on the side.

As you can see, the white corn tortillas are getting heated.

The tortillas are store-bought. I've been wanting to give a recipe for making homemade tortillas, but it turns out that I suck at it. Okay, that's a little harsh. My homemade are edible, but I haven't gotten them to come out "a toda madre" (totally awesome). They're not like what I get at Garibaldis on Bandera Road. (A San Antonio hole in the wall that we frequent.)

Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment